Monday, May 4, 2009

Endless

There is a battle that has been raging since the dawn of society itself. Why, you may ask? Simply because the war is that of a person against society. Or in simpler terms, a war between individuality and conformity. 

-How  do the images I chose tell a story?
Every single image has a specialty significance, to me any ways. It is a story of an argument. Where some people think that to be a conformist is to be good, others take the other side, believing that being an individual is to be superior. Every single image has some connection to my theme.
-What is my message?
My message is that we are living a war right now. We are living in a battlefield where the opposing factions are right in front of our eyes. When the enemy can be your closest friend. We are fighting against everyone, and sometimes your enemy is even yourself. And the worst thing is that  this war wont stop until society itself comes to its end.
-Why I chose the images I chose?
Each image has significance to me. The first one is a picture about individuality. It is a representation of what it really means to be an individual. Not a person who tries to be different,but a person who is truly outside of society's reaches. The second picture is one expressing the power, both destructive and constructive, of a conformist society. The third is a picture expressing that sometimes even being an individual isn't the greatest thing and the fourth, explains that being a person who conforms to society is to be boring.
-What are the understandings and values of my themes?
I realized over the past year what it truly means to be an conformist and what it truly means to be an individualist. To be a conformist is to be a mindless slave to society.To have no mind, no true values. To be simply an animal that stands upright. However, to be an individualist is to be someone who has massive superiority complex. Who looks down on everyone. 
-How have I developed these?
I developed these through a year of observation of everyone and everything around me.
-How do I feel about them?
I feel it is best for a person to be neither and both.

No comments:

Post a Comment